Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Coumadin Update...

So Monday I had a Doppler Sonogram of both of my legs. They showed NO clots! YAY! Upon hearing this, I was expecting my appointment today with my hematologist to be my -last- appointment....but, alas, no.

Dr. Maisel informed us that I need to stay on the blood thinners for 6 months total. That means until the 4th of July. Well, I guess the American Independence Day may be more meaningful to me this year than in years past! :)

He also told us that he wanted to run the "full battery" of tests they normally run when someone throws a clot. He is being extra careful, and making sure that the clots truly were just a side-effect of the pregnancy and not something else. Fine by us! We would rather not have any additional surprises down the road! So they took EIGHT VIALS OF BLOOD! DANG!!!!

So let us all pause and take a moment to thinks positive happy thoughts and offer up some prayers requesting that all these tests come back with nothing but good news.....please.

In the meantime, we will just keep truckin' along! :)

Love to all,
Cherise

No comments: